HomePlumbing TipsHow to replace an elbow connector of a PVC pipe?
Posted in Plumbing Tips on 22nd March 2013

As an elbow from a PVC pipe? to replace
I showed a largely broken white elbow connector into the well of an overflow pipe for hot water storage. The leak was slow occosionally and water damage to the wall and caused cuased wall damage and cultivation of fungi. After several years of unsuccessful interaction with the client, Young California Homes, I gave up on it and decided to fix it myself, both the pipe and the wall. Could someone a help to DIY? Thanks Best Answer (s):

response from Charlie Bucket You
have to cut the elbow and replace them with new PVC. Give yourself plenty of room to add a union (pipe to pipe), then another sheet (pipe elbow pipe) union then, (pipe to pipe) Make clean the PVC with the purple stuff and use the cement as directed.

response from thc451
The damage it can cause in the long run, elboe huge compared with the simple cut-off attachment and replace it. With PVC glue and primer You will need a hacksaw, parts, primer and adhesive-its “dead simple. Get mend a sheet of appropriate thickness plasterboard and some rock bolts, and tape, plaster, plasterboard hand grinding tools, a broad face, trowel, etc. After ‘all done and buy a can of ground texturing compound and spray it on and wipe it with the tools proposed to fit wall texture. It may take a week for a few minutes here and there to take everything dries. If you goof something these materials are very forgiving and after drying can be popped-basically you are creating a flat surface with a certain final, eye-catching texture with a few mushy stuff that needs time to dry, until his “Rock Hard-pscheck leaks before inclusion in plasterboard.

response from alwayson
Make sure you know the size or better yet, cut the elbow and take it with you to Lowes or Home Depot, so that the right size and buy a couple. of the elbows, couplings, 6ft piece of PVC, can of primer, and can of pvc cement.The additional elbows and couplings are in case you make a mistake The glue dries really fast.Measuring first mistakes.Good prevent happiness. Cost about $ 10-12.

Answer by David B
If the hot water heater temperature pressure relief valve drain line then code should be copper pipe not less than 3/4 inch in diameter. If you dropped out of hot water from that line, and it is the TPR valve is connected, then the valve is bad and leaking, the valve does work and the water heater is broken and this is again a matter of safety. Never cap from the output of a TPR valve, if you do, and if the water heater could explode disorders, overheated or under pressure. This line might be your condensate drain line from your air conditioner. Best way is to repair, buy elbow, two clutches and some pipe, PVC primer and PVC cement. Cut old defective part install new. Bleach water to form and to leave open wall a few days bleach will kill mold. Pipes and fittings should be at least Schedule 40 PVC pipe. Make sure that all joints are glued joints and fittings or not unions. Do not install fittings or unions in the wall as this. Against the plumbing code See link.

What do you think? Answer below!

Related Post for Who Can Do Without A Home Repair Contractor?

Plumbing Restore and Set up in North Las Vegas, NV by 4Plumbers Plumbing
Tank Water Heaters vs. Tankless Water Heaters
Add New Plumbing Fixtures for the New Yr
three Advantages of a Water Softener
Who Can Do Without A Home Repair Contractor?